Our most popular and versatile rug. Unsurpassed as a sweat or drying rug, it also functions as a lightweight stable rug, travel or show rug
If you would like to order a Thermelite Rug (£135), please call us on 01267 233 737. We have a number of rugs in stock. All our rugs are individually made and cut by hand in our factory in West Wales. If your colour and size are not available, our lead time is approximately 12 weeks.
If would like to request your own personalised colour combination, please call us to discuss our range of panel and trim colours. These bespoke rugs
are available for an additional charge of £30
- Unbeatable wicking properties - the Thermelite rapidly dries wet or sweating horses
- Tailored darts at the shoulders and quarters prevent rubbing and ensure the perfect Lansdown fit
- Unlike competitor rugs, strong tape sewn along the top line ensure our rugs do not stretch. Buy the size to fit your horse
- Available in navy, bottle green, black, red, grey, sky, claret, and royal
- Double bound, fillet string and tail guard loop as standard. We can also do custom embroidery - please ask for details
- Front heavy duty Cam Buckle, belly strap equipped with a heavy elastic "shock absorber"
- Matching legwraps available at £60 per set of 4, neck wrap at £65 and tail guard £25
- High performance thermelite fabric
- Special polypropylene fibres draw moisture and sweat away from your horse's coat to the outside of the rug to evaporate away
- Moisture is not absorbed into the fabric where it can cause chilling
- We do not use wool in our rugs: wool absorbs moisture - which is then retained in the rug fabric
- Because our fabric itself stays dry, the rug can stay on all night, keeping the horse warm and happy.
Horse Rug Sizing
Using a tape measure (or a piece of string that you can measure later) measure your horse from the centre of his chest, across the point of his shoulder and horizontally along the side to the point where you require the rug to finish (normally vertically below the dock).
Rugs are sized in feet and inches, in increments of 3” although in Europe, measurements are starting to be taken along the top seam in cm. If your horse is between sizes, you are usually better to go up a size rather than down, unless your horse is of small build or narrow chested. If you think your horse may require a bespoke rug, please read our page on Breed Coats, Bespoke Horse and Dog Rugs and then give us a call 01267 233737.
Please note that Lansdown Multi-Purpose Rugs will not stretch. Please buy the size that fits your horse. Our strong tape sewn along the topline ensures that the rug keeps its shape.
The following table is intended as a guide only. EU measurements can vary.
|Rug Size (Feet & Inches)
||Along Bottom of Rug (Inches)
||EU Back Seam (cm)
||Fits Approx. (HH)
||14.2 - 15.0
||15.0 - 15.2
||15.2 - 16.0
||16.0 - 16.2
||16.2 - 17.0
||17.0 - 17.2