This is a robust and hardwearing rug with numerous early examples still in use after 20 years! Designed for use throughout the year, it is comprised of three parts: the outer rug shell with an integral tail cover, a matching neck cover, and a range of detachable thermal liners
If you would like to order a Freedom Turnout Shell (£185), please call us on 01267 233 737. Our turnouts are made to order on our factory in Carmarthen, Wales and lead times are approximately 4 weeks
. If your horse is an unusual shape, we may be able to make a bespoke version
of this rug for an extra charge
- Outer rug shell is comprised of 1000 denier ballistic nylon outer offering exceptional durability and which is easy to clean. Inside is a waterproof, breathable membrane, whilst the inner lining is made from a peached finish microfibre fabric which is fully breathable, super soft to touch, and is a very hygienic fabric to sit next to your horse's coat
- Optional Freedom Neck Cover (£80)
- Detachable liners are available in either standard or extra thermal Thermelite fabric, (£70/85) which combines warmth with superb wicking properties, and in quilted stable rug fabric (£85)
- Available in Navy, Black and Bottle Green
- Available in sizes 5'9"-7'0", or can be made to measure for an extra charge
Horse Rug Sizing
Using a tape measure (or a piece of string that you can measure later) measure your horse from the centre of his chest, across the point of his shoulder and horizontally along the side to the point where you require the rug to finish (normally vertically below the dock).
Rugs are sized in feet and inches, in increments of 3” although in Europe, measurements are starting to be taken along the top seam in cm. If your horse is between sizes, you are usually better to go up a size rather than down, unless your horse is of small build or narrow chested. If you think your horse may require a bespoke rug, please read our page on Breed Coats, Bespoke Horse and Dog Rugs and then give us a call 01267 233737.
Please note that Lansdown Multi-Purpose Rugs will not stretch. Please buy the size that fits your horse. Our strong tape sewn along the topline ensures that the rug keeps its shape.
The following table is intended as a guide only. EU measurements can vary.
|Rug Size (Feet & Inches)
||Along Bottom of Rug (Inches)
||EU Back Seam (cm)
||Fits Approx. (HH)
||14.2 - 15.0
||15.0 - 15.2
||15.2 - 16.0
||16.0 - 16.2
||16.2 - 17.0
||17.0 - 17.2